Limit date for application: 14th of November 2021
RIPESS (http://www.ripess.org) is a global network of continental networks committed to the promotion of Social Solidarity Economy. The member networks themselves (Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania) bring together national and sectorial networks, thus ensuring strong territorial anchoring. The combined local and global scope gives RIPESS legitimacy to promote SSE, foster intercontinental cooperation, and advocate at different levels.
The inherent nature of RIPESS includes the objective of contributing to systemic, transformative change. It does this by demonstrating how much SSE contributes in terms of real transformative answers at the local level to the existing system that is clearly showing its limits. RIPESS members believe in the importance of the globalisation of solidarity, and the ability to create collective and community rather than individual wealth build and strengthen an economy that places people and planet at the centre of its activities. It is also deeply anchored in a human rights-based approach.
This year RIPESS adopted a new form of international coordination and strategic plan for the 2021-2023 period (see HERE). The two main axes of the plan take both the context, as well as the priorities, needs and visions of the different SSE continental and sectorial member networks into account:
1) Strengthen our transcontinental/international advocacy work from local to the global levels, to ensure more visibility of the solutions provided by SSE initiatives and networks, thus realizing more transformative impacts.
2) Support the strengthening of our continental/subregional SSE networks’ work in their subregional advocacy activities, and their work with their national and local SSE network members.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors and the Coordination team, the role of the Executive Secretary is to:
1) Prepare and organize trimestral/quadrimestral Board meetings – contents and (virtual) logistics – as well as other governance and coordination meetings in collaboration with the Governance Coordinator. This includes drafting analyses or providing relevant information for effective decision making, as well as ensuring participative processes.
2) Between each Board meeting, coordinate (i) the activities and meetings of the working areas set up to implement the RIPESS strategic plan together with the WA co-leaders, (ii) the involvement of the participants of the different continental members, together with the continental technical secretaries.
3) Take part in external activities linked to RIPESS participation in various international arenas for international advocacy purposes, and follow-up/ establish alliances and working relationships with other international networks. This work is done together with the designated Board members.
4) Workjointly with the communications manager to implement the Communications strategy and related activities to ensure fluid communications in three languages, through the different internal and external channels, website and newsletter.
5) Ensure good coordination with the continental technical teams.
6) Establish and follow up the coordination of possible newly funded projects or consultancies (including formulating projects, recruitment, budgeting, the integration with the strategic plan and governance of the network, etc).
7) Follow up the accounting work with the external accountant.
8) Take on other tasks identified by the Board and the Coordination team to progress in the RIPESS action plan when necessary and possible.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
– International profile with excellent oral and written communication skills in the following RIPESS languages: French, English, Spanish
– Knowledge of SSE and SSE related movements/networks
– Work experience in/with international networks, and related strategic vision
– At least 5 years of years coordination and management experience
– Experience coordinating the preparation and facilitation of meetings in various virtual/face-to-face forms, writing minutes and reports, wrap-ups for follow-up, etc.;
– Experience in participatory facilitation and moderation in different cultures/languages
– Knowledge/ experience in defining general communication work
– Ability to switch from logistical, “small” tasks, resourceful and interpersonal support, to more strategic tasks
– Excellent interpersonal skills, patience and flexibility
– Remote teamwork experience
– Autonomy, sense of initiative, and creativity
– The Executive Secretary may work from any geographic location but should be in constant communication with members of the RIPESS Board, in particular with the coordination team, the continental technical teams, and the communication manager.
Most of the intercontinental meetings take place at 15h CET (approx. 3 to 4 per month), and meetings with the different continental networks and involves adjusting to their different time zones.
– Although subject to funds’ availability and Covid context, the Executive Secretary could travel internationally to support the organisation of RIPESS’ intercontinental meetings
and occasionally the international meetings of its continental members.
– Working hours: full time depending on national legislation
– Salary: to be determined
– Start date: Beginning of December 2021
Please send your resume and a letter of motivation, at least in English before November 14th to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The call will be open until finding the adequate profile but priority will be given to the applications sent by the 14th.
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.ripess.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/FR_Secrétaire-Exécutif_Offre-demploi_RIPESS_Oct2021.pdf” title=”FR_Secrétaire Exécutif_Offre d’emploi_RIPESS_Oct2021″] [pdf-embedder url=”http://www.ripess.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/EN_Executive-Secretary-job-offer_RIPESS_Oct2021-VF-1.pdf” title=”EN_Executive Secretary job offer_RIPESS_Oct2021 VF”]