RIPESS is a global network of continental networks committed to the promotion of Social Solidarity Economy since 1997. The member networks themselves bring together national and sectorial networks, thus ensuring strong territorial anchoring. The combined global and local scope gives RIPESS legitimacy to promote SSE, foster intercontinental cooperation, and advocate at different levels.
The inherent nature of RIPESS includes the objective of contributing to systemic, transformative change as an alternative to capitalism and other authoritarian, state dominated economic systems. It does this by demonstrating how much SSE contributes in terms of real answers at the local level to the existing system that is clearly showing its limits.
SSE seeks systemic transformation that goes beyond superficial change in which the root causes of oppressive structures and fundamental issues remain intact. RIPESS members believe in the importance of the globalization of solidarity, and the ability to build and strengthen an economy that places people and planet before profit and at the center of its activities.
Context of the offer
RIPESS has established a partnership with the Catalan Cooperation and Development Agency (ACCD) for a project called: Advocacy for the promotion of SSE as a key strategy for achieving sustainable development (SDGs) in post COVID-19 situation. The one-year project will run from September 28th, 2020 to September 29th, 2021.
The project will support RIPESS’ advocacy work at the global level, as well as contribute to advocacy work of the African and Latin America continental members of RIPESS, RAÉSS and RIPESS LAC.
Under the direction of the RIPESS Executive Secretary, based in Barcelona, and the co-coordination for advocacy activities, the role of the advocacy and project manager is mainly to:
- Accompany the development and implementation of the RIPESS-ACCD project
- Develop and support the international advocacy work of RIPESS carried out by RIPESS Board members, and support the advocacy work development in Africa and in Latin America as described in the project
- As project manager, ensure that all activities of the project will be executed, and coordinate, convene and moderate the different governance and executive organs of the project.
- Manage the project funds to ensure the budget is respected
- Provide regular reports to RIPESS and ACCD
- Collaborate with the RIPESS communication manager to compile and disseminate news and results of the project activities in the RIPESS newsletters and other relevant media
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- International advocacy experience
- Knowledge and / or experiences of the UN development system
- Knowledge and experience related to Public Policies
- Experience in managing development projects, in an intercultural context
- Knowledge about and experience with the SSE and other social movement networks
- Master the 3 languages of RIPESS (spoken and written) – French, English and Spanish
- Autonomy, flexibility, proactivity and versatility: work mainly from home, except some travel
- Educational background preference: Political sciences / International development / Economics or other social sciences
- Professional experience of at least 5 to 10 years (minimum 3 in project management, 5 in advocacy)
- Availability to travel
- 25h/ week, freelance contract – 1 year, renewable (if the project is renewed)
- Teleworking from any country from Europe
- Start the 28th of September 2020
- Network of contacts from the local to the global on SSE
To apply, send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Deadline for submitting 16th of September, 2020
Interviews will take place virtually the week of the 21th of september, 2020
Leave A Comment