As part of the project to support the structuring of RAESS funded by the Geneva’s Federation of Cooperation, in collaboration with the Pan African Institute for Development (IPD) and the IRED association, Innovations and Networks for Development, for the period from the 1st of November 2015 to the 31st of October 2016, three regional seminars were organized:
– Francophone Central Africa Seminar between the 14th and 16th of March 2016, in the IPD-CA of Douala in Cameroon, which brought together SSE field actors from Cameroon; Equatorial Guinea; Central African Republic; Gabon; Chad; Congo – Brazzaville. Read the report of the Seminar (in French)
– West African Seminar from the 12th to the 14th of April 2016, at the African University Cooperative Development (UADC) in Cotonou, Benin, mobilizing SSE actors from Benin; Togo; Ivory Coast ; Guinea Conakry. Read the report of the Seminar (in French)
– Sahelian African Seminar from the 19th to the 21th of May 2016, in the IPD-AM of Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso which hosted SSE field actors from Burkina Faso; Niger; Mali; Senegal; Cape Verde. Read the report of the Seminar (in French)
These three meetings aimed to enable African SSE actors (cooperatives, social enterprises, mutuals, …), members of RAESS, to:
– Get to know each other, coordinate their activities, share their knowledge and exchange about their experiences;
– Define their support needs;
– Strengthen the effective presence of RAESS at national, regional and sub-regional level;
– Develop a strategy based on a three-year action plan in each subregion.
The results obtained at the end of the three sub regional seminars are the following :
– Elaboration of a participatory diagnosis to identify the SSE initiatives and the actual needs of the RAESS members networks in the field;
– Development of a three year strategic action plan;
– Set up of a committee constituted of focal points from each country with the mission to identify the different training topics.